Your Library Card
- Any child over age 5 may get his or her own library card, with a parent's permission.
- Parents are responsible for items checked-out by their minor children, and a parent's signature is required on the card application. All patrons must provide proof of address when they apply for a card, using the parent's driver's license, or even a current letter from a utility company, or landlord, to show proof of address.
- Bring your card with you each time you visit the library to:
- Check-out books and other materials
- Use the computer workstations (see "Use a Computer")
- To borrow items using our interlibrary loan program
Books, magazines, audio books and music CD's are loaned for two weeks. Renewal is available, as long as the item you have has not been requested by another patron. Fines for these materials begin the day after they are overdue, .10 per item per day.
DVD's and videos are loaned for one week. Renewal is available, as long as the item you have has not been requested by another patron. There is a limit of 5 movies per family checked-out at any one time. Fines for videos and DVD's begin the day after they are overdue, .25 per item, per day.
Patrons will be held responsible to pay for replacement costs of lost or damaged books or other materials. Anyone with fines over $2.50 will not be permitted to check-out additional materials, or use the Internet workstations until fines are paid.